Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My girls

I love my girlfriends. I consider the fact I’ve remained partially sane the past two years is much their doing. Memorial Day weekend, I’ll get to join three of my best girl friends for two days of fun and I’ve been looking forward to it for quite some time. Over the next two weeks, I’ll tell you why it’s likely we’ll get into a lot of trouble.

First, Kimmy.

Kim can make me laugh without trying. Kim cusses like a sailor. She is drop dead beautiful – to the point you really want to hate her, but you can’t because she’s the best person to veg out with when you need a girl day.

Kim called one day and shared this story with me:

Kim: Some asshole keyed my car today.

Me: Oh my gosh, that sucks! I’m so sorry.

Kim: Yeah – they keyed the word “ass” right on my passenger door.

Me: Ugh. Was it someone you work with?

Kim: I don’t know, but it doesn’t matter. I got that mother ****. I keyed the word “nice” right above it.

I died laughing. I could so imagine Kim driving around the mountains in Vail with a car that read “nice ass.”

Kim: I figured I was going to have to paint the door anyway, you know?

Yep, Kim. I know. 

Love you my dear, and can’t wait to see you.

Until tomorrow …

No comments:

Post a Comment