Monday, March 15, 2010

Huey, Duey and Fluey.

The flu struck our house last week and left no untouched. Tuesday, poor Sully woke up in puke. On Thursday, John came home to relieve our green-faced nanny and I came home early, he hoped to relieve him, I hoped to make it until 7:30 (the boys' bedtime) before I threw up.

That didn't happen.

Being overly zealous I plopped the boys in the bathtub and tossed in their bath toys only to turn around and toss my cookies in the toilet. Will cried. Sully played with his toys.

Probably a sign of future somethings but I was too busy wishing I hadn't eaten Mexican for lunch to care about it.

An hour later, Will started tossing his cookies. Poor guy, sad little eyes and pukey shirt - we were quite the pair when I was running him to the bathroom with me, him puking on his onesie, me in the toilet if I was lucky enough to make it there.

My poor mom came to help Thursday night and was sick by 4:30 Friday morning. Saturday morning at 7:30, John was struck.

Damn flu.

Ruined our weekend.

And all of plans to cook wonderful recipes from http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/ - my latest passion. (It still involves food of course).

I am very happy to report we're on the mend just in time for the work week. I am on a no-Mexican diet for at least a month because I've seen it in a form I'd rather not see it in for a long, long time, and I'm looking forward to gaining back every pound I lost last week and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment