Thursday, February 11, 2010

Who does she think she is anyway?

So I guess I should introduce myself first. I'm the mother of twins who were born on time despite their determination to enter the world extremely early. They're 13 months old now, and we still don't sleep through the nights, but we relish the days they sleep in until 7:30, also known as the days I'm able to get ready for work without telling a child to stop eating lipstick. John is the love of my life (which I've learned does not mean we always get along) and he keeps me in line. It's a full time job.

I think the quickest way to get to know someone is to find out their loves and their, well, not-so-loves.
  • Loves: Cooking, writing, discovering something new, listening to my boys laugh, the smell of pumpkin pie, eating pumpkin pie, eating all pie (okay, I digress)
  • Not-so-loves: Judgement, car repairs (this is top of mind because it was necessary this week), broccoli without cheese, well, any vegetables without cheese

And my new love, my hope-to-be love, is to connect with other moms - moms who cook, who laugh, who tell their children not to eat lipstick. Moms who wish there were 27 hours a day so they could just get one more hour, okay fine - even 15 minutes - of sleep.

I can't wait to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment