Wednesday, June 9, 2010

My new phone

Okay, so today I was standing in the middle of Michael's searching high and low for hurricane vases that didn't cost $20 each because I would like 20 of them for the wedding but know the likelihood of me using 20 hurricane vases throughout our house following the wedding is slim to none so I would rather they be very cheap. Just when I decided to give up, my sister called. Thank God. Sisters are needed in times like these.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" she screamed into the phone.

I jumped back. Eek!

"Why are you screaming?"

Oh no.

I looked at my phone. It's been doing this odd little thing where it puts people on speaker out of nowhere, but as of yet, it hadn't done it in the middle of a store with 10 people looking at me yet.

"I SAID WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" my sister said again.

"Hey stop talking!" I said looking at my phone as it beeped "Speakerphone On" - "Speaker phone off" and back and forth like 8 times as my sister came in and out, soft, than screaming, than soft.

"I'll call you back in 30 minutes. I think this is a sign I have to get my new phone today." And I hung up.
30 minutes later.

"And you can connect to this program called Latitude where you can find anyone, anywhere, anytime!" the salesperson said.

Hmmm. I'm thinking every stalkers job just got a whole lot easier.

"Well you've got to have a permission from the person, of course," he said, probably answering my horrified expression.

I'm not the type of person who hems and haws over what type of phone they're going to get. I don't love my phones. I need my phone, but I don't love my phones. I was very close to this particular phone only because it had survived a swim in a full pitcher of beer, among other things, and I was very impressed with its tenacity, but I didn't freak out if I lost it. I lost it almost every day.

So today, I went into the store at 1:00 and walked out at 1:27 with a new contract and a new phone.

I swear, it's been staring at me since then. Sitting on my desk all like, "YouTube something! Facebook something! Share a Tweet! Stalk someone!" and it's making me a bit nervous, but perhaps I will test it in a pitcher of beer later on the summer, see what it's made of and we'll develop a close relationship after all.

We'll see.

Until tomorrow ...

No comments:

Post a Comment